If you are an individual who uses your computer and internet for generic stuff like browsing, social media platforms, checking emails etc, then chances are that you might never have heard about TeamViewer Remote support & Online meeting software. However, if you are someone who had to remotely connect to another computer for whatever reason, then you surely have used the TeamViewer software before.
In a world where offices of the same company are located worldwide and physical meetings are no longer viable all the time, it is cheap solutions like TeamViewer that keeps the board ticking. It is also widely used by all the major PC and laptop manufacturers, Internet Service Providers, online troubleshooting service providers, antivirus companies and so on to connect remotely to their customers’ computers and tackle issues. Even within the same office, TeamViewer finds office to aid the technical team in solving computer or software related issues on a team member’s computer. It also finds application when you need to share your screen and demonstrate what is happening on your screen to another person. More than just a remote viewing tool, TeamViewer is packed with features that make establishing remote connecting between geographically computers a fantastic possibility. So, let us see how this incredible software works:
- The first step is to download and install the TeamViewer software on your computer or laptop. This Remote support & Online meeting software is available across platforms like Windows, Linux and iOS.
- You need to visit the download page and install the software using the setup.exe file available.
- Once installed, you can use it for two major functions- connect remotely to a different computer or set up virtual meetings.
- You need to launch the application which will lead you to the Remote Control interface.
- You can share your user ID and password to allow a friend to share your screen or obtain his ID to view his screen. You need to share the partner ID shared by the software to initiate share screening.
- Once you enter the partner ID and hit “connect to partner”, you will be taken to the page where you need to enter your password and authenticate the session.
- Now, your screens are shared and you have access to your friend’s device.
- If you want an active interactive session, you need to check “allow partner to interact” box.
- If you need to transfer files between the shared computers, you need to go to “File Transfer type”, choose the desired files and click send or receive, as the case may be.
- On the other hand, if you need to set up a meeting, you can start a new session or join an already active session. You need the meeting ID to join an active session.
- An ID can be generated at the start of every meeting. TeamViewer Remote support & Online meeting software places no restriction on the number of people who can join a meeting.
- All members enjoy privileges like file sharing, conference calls and making video calls.
There are many tools that allows you to connect remotely and conduct virtual meetings, but TeamViewer wins the competition hands down.